vrijdag 25 april 2014

EVENT: Fashionata's Ladies night


My favourite Belgian fashion blog by far is Fashionata by Sofie Valkiers. She has accomplished already so much like designing her own clothing line for Essentiel, collaborating with Jimmy Choo and being noticed by numerous international fashion magazines.

Sofie being interviewed

Reading her blog always leaves me with a very positive feeling, you can really tell she loves her job. And she really is the best at it. On her blog she also gives you a great inside into the fashion world which is very interesting definitely during fashion week.

My signed copy from The Little Black Book

Last year Fashionata introduced her Ladies night. Unfortunately I couldn't attend the previous one so I knew I just had to be there this year. The event this year was extra special due to the launch of Sofie Valkier's first book: "The Little black Book". This book should give us further inside into the fashion adventures from Sofie and is accompanied by some amazing pictures of her.



Together with Krizia from Shark Attack I made the trip all the way to Antwerp. The venue for this event was the Princess store on the Meir which all of you fashion addicts of course know as the paradise which sells brands such as Kenzo, Love Moschino, Michael Kors,...but also for their amazing shop interior.

Very delicous cocktail which added to the metropolitan feeling

We were welcomed very warmly by Sofie and her team and delicious cocktails were offered to us immediately. While buying the ticket for this event, everyone could choose one beauty class they wanted to attend. I chose for the OPI class because I love nail art and it's something I'm not really good at. Other work shops were a Balmain hair class, L'oréal hair chalk class and a MAC work shop.

The OPI nailbar powered by the Lak Store Antwerp

The OPI work shop was organised by the people from the Lak Store Antwerp. They were really nice and took plenty of time. The girl who did my nails advised me about some products I could use to improve the quality of my nails, some personal advice is always much appreciated. I'm really glad there's a discount voucher in the goodie bag which I will be gladly spending at the Lak Store.

As you can see, there was plenty of choice. I eventuelly opted for the orange in the middle.

When the work shops were finished, Princess showed some items of their beautiful summer collection during a fashion show. Once again I mentally added some items on my wish list such as a small, pink Marc Jacobs bag.

Look which beauties I spotted while shopping at Princess

After the fashion show everyone took some time to enjoy the 10% discount on the whole collection. I finally bought the grey Kenzo sweater that I have been eying for quite some time now. I can't wait to show it during an outfit post.

Krizia and I left the party quite early because we still had a long drive home ahead of us. Of course we didn't leave without picking up our goodie bag. And I must admit that Sofie and her team know how to put together a goodie bag. The bag included her book of course, some great beauty products delivered by the different sponsors, a Kenzo notebook (from now on I can take notes in style!),...

Content of the goodie bag: Dior perfume, gift voucher Lak Store, mini books, Kenzo note book, Hair Chalk L'oreal, Sofie Valkier's Little Black Book, Balmain mirror,...

Did you attend the event as well? Let me know what you think about my report!

15 opmerkingen:

  1. Whoaaa!! I'm so envious!! :p But seems like you had a lot of fun at the event!!! <3

    http://anshul90.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. WOW!! this looks like a great fun event :)
    www.theknotstory.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wow I'm so jealous that I didn't join you :-) SE

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. you forgot to include your opinion on who got chosen as best dressed ...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Amazing pics!! Xx



    http://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com.es/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Fijn om te lezen dat je een leuke tijd hebt gehad! Wat vind je van haar boek?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Ik heb voorlopig nog geen tijd gehad, shame on me! Ik hoop in de loop van volgende week er aan te kunnen beginnen ;)

      Verwijderen
  7. Nice events.
    http://www.fashionismylifebyestefania.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Look so funny! Xx


    http://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Nice! Sofie is a good friend of mine, she's adorable!
    Seems like you had a good time!
    Emilie
    http://www.mylittlefashiondiary.net

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen