vrijdag 11 juli 2014

REVIEW: Rituals beauty products

Recently I received a beauty packet from Rituals, gifted to me by Curls and Bags. I was really excited to receive this package since I'm a huge fan of Rituals. I must admit that so far I had only used their body range and not their make-up range. But thanks to this packet I finally got to try out their make-up as well. Below I'll review all the products.

Nederlands: Onlangs ontvang ik een beautypakket van Rituals via Curls and Bags. Vermits ik een grote Rituals fan ben, was het echt fijn om deze wedstrijd te winnen. Ik moet toegeven dat ik in grote mate enkel hun lichaamsverzorgingsgamma heb uitgeprobeerd. Maar dankzij dit pakketje kon ik me nu eindelijk ook wagen aan de make-up. Hieronder vind je mijn bevindingen van de producten terug.

Shower oil Flowers of India limited edition

The Summer Bliss shower oil contains a lot of nursing ingredients and different kinds of natural oil. The oil foams slightly when mixed with water. The oil feels great and after my shower my skin feels really soft. Plus point for the pretty bottle!

Nederlands: De Summer Bliss douche olie bevat veel verzorgende ingrediënten en verschillende soorten natuurlijke oliën. De olie schuimt lichtjes wanneer hij gemengd wordt met water. De olie voelt geweldig aan en na het douchen, voelt mijn huid daadwerkelijk zachter aan. Pluspunten nog vanwege de mooie verpakking!

Buy online, € 8,50

Sensational soft cleanser

This product is from Rituals' new skin-care line, released last October. I'm quit picky when it comes down to face cleansers. After all they have to make sure you go to bed with a clean face and pores. I applied the gel to my skin and spread it out with my fingers. You see that the cleanser becomes kind of oily when you spread it. Afterwards I cleaned my wash with water. If you mix the gel with water, you get a milky lotion. 
Because the gel changes into oil, make-up is easily removed. Since my skin is very oily on its own I still use my own face cleanser prescribed for me by a professional beauty institution. After using the Rituals sensational soft cleanser my skin feels indeed soft.

Nederlands: Dit product komt uit de nieuwe verzorgingslijn van Rituals, die afgelopen oktober op de markt kwam. Ik ben redelijk kieskeuring wat betreft gezichtsreinigers. Zo moeten toch wel goed werk verrichten om je gezicht en poriën te reinigen na een zware dag. Ik bracht de gel aan op mijn huid en verspreidde deze met mijn vingers. Op de foto's zie je dat de cleaner verandert in een olieachtige structuur. Daarna spoelde ik mijn gezicht af met water. Als je de gel mengt met water, krijg je een melkachtige lotion. Omdat de gel verandert in olie, wordt de make-up ook makkelijk verwijderd. Doordat mijn huid ook al erg vettig is, blijft ik toch nog steeds met eigen cleaner, voorgeschreven door een professioneel beauty instituut, gebruiken. Mijn huid voelde inderdaad wel zachter aan na het gebruik van de Rituals Sensational Soft Cleanser.

Buy online,  € 13,50


Matt Finish Foundation nr° 11

Unfortunately I won't be able to review this product. In the picture below you can see on the left side the Rituals foundation which is very pale. On the right side you see the Guerlian foundation I use. I looked awful with the foundation. Luckily Rituals offers different shades, so in the future I might try out a different shade.

Nederlands: Helaas kan ik dit product niet beoordelen. In de foto hieronder zie je dat je links op mijn hand de Rituals foundation, die erg bleek is. Rechts zijn je mijn eigen foundation van Guerlain. De bleke foundation zag er echt verschrikkelijk uit mijn gezicht. Gelukkige biedt Rituals verschillende tinten aan dus in de toekomst kan ik misschien wel eens een donkerdere tint uitproberen.

Buy online,  €20,50


Eye make-up

The Rituals package included a purple eye star secret eye pencil and the Perfection Volume Mascara. I did already use the mascara before and I'm quite pleased with it, a purple eye pencil was completely new for me.


The Star Secret Eye pencil is from the "Oriental Dream" range. The collection consists out of warm and bright colors. When I swatched the color on my hand, I could really appreciate the density of the color. On my eye it's less visible so that's a tiny bit disappointing since I'm a huge fan of visible make-up. The plus side from this pencil is that it includes a little sponge to correct mistakes.

The Perfection Volume Mascara is in a very beautiful packaging and catches the eye immediately. The brush is really classic but efficient. No special curly hairs,... When applying the mascara you have to be very careful because it smears easily and leaves stains easily. The mascara also clots a bit on your lashes. If you manage to apply the mascara carefully, the result is quite pleasing tough. 

To finish off the look I used the "Blue Marine" eye shadow palette. I usually only use my golden eye shadow so this chance up was quite welcome. Unfortunately my picture is not very clear, I'm really sorry but I had to take all the pictures myself. The eye shadow applied quite easily although the brushes were a bit stiff. I love the blue and white mix on my eyes and I think it suits my natural eye color.

Nederlands: Het Star Secret oog potlood is van het "Oriental Dream" gamma. Deze collectie bestaat uit warme en felle kleuren. Toen ik de kleur uitprobeerde op mijn hand, wist ik de helderheid van de kleur nog wel te appreciëren. Op mijn oog is de kleur echter een heel stuk minder zichtbaar en dit is toch wel een beetje teleurstellend. Zeker omdat ik net houd van felle make-up. Een pluspunt is dan weer dat dit potlood ook een klein sponsje heeft voor het corrigeren van foutjes.

De Perfection Volume Mascara is erg mooi verpakt en valt meteen op. Het borsteltje is erg klassiek en efficiënt. Geen speciale, krullende haartjes,... Als je de mascara aanbrengt, moet je wel erg voorzichtig zijn want hij loopt snel uit en laat vlekken achter onder het oog. De mascara klontert ook een beetje in de wimpers. Als je de mascara echt heel voorzichtig aanbrengt, krijg je uiteindelijk toch een degelijk resultaat.

Om de look af te maken, gebruikte ik nog het "Bleu Marine" oogschaduw palet. Normaal gebruik ik enkel gouden oogschaduw, dus deze afwisseling was meer dan welkom. Helaas is de foto niet erg duidelijk vermits ik alle foto's zelf moest nemen. De oogschaduw was redelijk gemakkelijk in gebruik ook al waren de borsteltjes een beetje aan de stijve kant. Persoonlijk vind ik dat de mix van blauw en wit wel goed bij me staat.

Buy eyeshadow online, € 19,50
Buy eye pencil online, € 9,50
buy eye shadow online, € 15,50


Peachy lipstick

The last product I will be reviewing is a lipstick in a peachy kind of shade. As you probably will already have noticed in my previous reviews, I like very bright lipsticks. So this one isn't really my shade, from far away someone wouldn't probably even notice that I'm wearing lipstick.
But I was pleasantly surprised by the easy application of the lipstick. It doesn't smear and stays on quite long. I would really like to try out some other shade of the Rituals lipstick range to see if this suits me better.

Nederlands: Het laatste product dat ik zal beoordelen is een lippenstift met een perzikachtige kleur. Trouwe lezers zullen wel al doorhebben dat ik meer hou van kleurrijke lippenstiften, dus deze tint was niet echt mijn ding. Van ver zag je zelfs niet eens dat ik lippenstift op had.
Wel moet ik opmerken dat de lippenstift erg makkelijk aan te brengen is en niet zelf uitloopt. Ook blijft hij behoorlijk lang zitten. Ik hoop snel een andere tint van het Rituals gamma uit te kunnen proberen, zonder twijfel zal deze mij beter bevallen.


4 opmerkingen:

  1. Erg mooie producten. Ik heb ook nog niet mega veel van Rituals getest, maar ben wel enorm fan van hun lichaamsverzorging en kaarsen! Binnenkort ga ik zeker en vast eens make-up van hun testen.

    xx femke
    www.sparklesofmakeup.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow these products look great! I love them and I'll be sure to try them thanks to you :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. These products looks amazing!
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen